The School of Automotive Engineering, in collaboration with the Ledra College, is now offering a College Diploma in Automotive Mechanics, approved by Cyprus Ministry of Education.
In this course, candidates will learn all basic technologies (engines, gearboxes, suspension, brakes steering, electrical) that are needed in the making of a vehicle to the latest technologies used today, using electronic diagnostic equipment, oscilloscopes and even enter the world of electric/hybrid vehicle technology. Furthermore, this course is designed in the principle of practical exercises and therefore the course is almost split into a 50% theoretical and 50% practical part.
- Approved program of study by Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA).
- Approved by the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
- Course duration 2 years.
- Credits obtained 120 ECTS.
- Possibility of government student funding.
- Participation in the Erasmus+ Program.
The aim of this program is to train students to acquire important theoretical knowledge as well as a range of relevant practical skills in automotive engineering. Close links with the local automotive industry ensure that our graduates fulfill the country’s automotive engineering needs. Special emphasis will be placed on the development of critical thinking, problem solving and innovative skills. Graduates will have the confidence to work on their own and as part of a team, eventually becoming leaders in their chosen field.
- theoretical and practical training of students in matters related to the internal combustion of engines (diesel and petrol) as well as their subsystems.
- specialization in modern diesel engines systems, which have evolved significantly in recent years.
- knowledge on issues related to safety and organization in the workplace.
- theoretical and practical training on topics related to alternative fuels, hybrid and electric technology and other forms of energy in vehicles.
- providing knowledge and skills of modern engine and vehicle management systems.
- students’ theoretical knowledge and practice in power system technology, driving and vehicle suspension.
- theoretical and practical training of students in matters related to car control and diagnosis.
- students’ awareness of environmental issues in the workplace.
Graduates from Ledra College with one year proof of experience after graduation, are eligible for the issue of their professional license without any further tests or examinations. Possibility of immediate employment in the sector of maintenance and repairs of vehicles in Cyprus or abroad.